Congress Remains on Recess for Week of Labor Day, Senate to Return Next Week
How do you feel about this week’s congressional schedule (or lack thereof)?
by This Week in Congress | 9.3.21
What’s happening in Congress?
- Congress is scheduled to remain on recess this week following the long Labor Day weekend, with senators set to return next week and House lawmakers the week after.
- In the meantime, Democrats will negotiate their spending package off the floor, while members of Congress prepare to consider appropriations for fiscal year 2022 to avoid a government shutdown at the end of September when they return.
- The Senate is set to return next week on Monday, September 13th, to consider judicial and executive branch nominees.
- No committee hearings are scheduled this week.
- Democratic leaders in the House have given no indication that lawmakers will be recalled to the Capitol prior to the currently scheduled return date of Monday, September 20th.
- Committees will hold hearings on expediting rental assistance and marking up the portions of House Democrats’ reconciliation bill.
Check below throughout the week to see the vote results and updates to the schedule.
Schedule subject to change. All times Eastern.
- No votes are scheduled. The House will return for floor business on Monday, September 20th.
- Pro forma sessions are scheduled for Tuesday and Friday.
- No votes are scheduled. The Senate will return for floor business Monday, September 12th.
- Pro forma sessions are scheduled for Tuesday and Thursday.
— Eric Revell
House Returns From Recess to Consider Abortion Rights Bill & Stopgap Funding Bill as Gov’t Shutdown LoomsWhat’s happening in Congress? The House returns to the Capitol from recess this week as lawmakers look to advance stopgap
by This Week in Congress | 9.20.21
Senate Returns for Votes on Judicial Nominees as House Continues RecessWhat’s happening in Congress?SENATE SCHEDULE The Senate returns Monday for its first day of floor work since August 11th, when
by This Week in Congress | 9.15.21
House Rejoins Senate on Recess After Two-Day Work WeekWhat’s happening in Congress? The House returned to recess last Wednesday, August 25th, after a brief two-day work week as
by This Week in Congress | 8.30.21