Should the U.S. Declare the KKK a Terrorist Group?
Do you support efforts to declare the KKK a terrorist group?
by Causes | 6.25.20
What's the story?
- Several online petitions are demanding that the Ku Klux Klan be listed as a terrorist organization in the wake of protests against racism and police brutality.
- "Black Americans have suffered the most under this terror group. Terrorism is the use of violence and intimidation in pursuit of political aims," read a description on the now-closed "Change KKK status into Terrorist Organization" petition.
"We ask if ISIS or ISIL is labeled a terrorist group for their acts, then surely the KKK fit the clear description of a terrorist."
- Another petition, "Declare the KKK a terrorist organization," which garnered 100,922 signatures, read:
"The KKK is a terrorist organization protected by the first amendment. It is a travesty to allow such an organization to function under the law in a generation that abhors racism, sexism, homophobia, etc. What kind of message is the government spreading by allowing the KKK to function?"
- Currently, the KKK is classed as a domestic extremist group rather than a terrorist organization. Earlier this month, President Donald Trump announced plans to designate far-left group ANTIFA as a domestic terrorist organization.
- The petitions gained tens of thousands of signatures following news that a Virginia man who allegedly drove into a crowd of George Floyd protesters admitted to being a KKK leader.
What do you think?
Should the Department of Homeland Security designate the KKK a terrorist organization? Take action above and tell your reps then share your thoughts below.
IT: China tests a nuclear-capable missile, and...Do you support wolf-culling laws?Welcome to Wednesday, October 20th, ghouls and ghosts...China’s military tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in
by Causes | 10.20.21
China Reportedly Tests Nuclear-Capable Hypersonic MissileWhat’s the story? China’s military tested a nuclear-capable hypersonic missile in August and caught U.S. intelligence analysts
by Causes | 10.19.21
Senate to Vote on Democrats' Latest Election Reform Bill Despite GOP OppositionWhat’s the story? Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) on Monday scheduled a procedural vote on Democrats’ latest
by Causes | 10.18.21