Florida Passes Gun Control Bill
Join us and tell your reps how you feel!
What’s the story?
In response to the Parkland massacre that left 17 dead, Florida has passed new gun legislation: the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act.
- Raises the age to purchase a firearm from 18 to 21.
- Bans the sale and purchase of bump stocks.
- Requires a three-day waiting period for most firearm purchases.
- Provides $400 million for mental health services—including mobile crisis teams and school safety programs.
- Enacts the Coach Aaron Feis Guardian Program which would allow teachers who don’t teach in classrooms to join a school marshal program and carry guns on campus. The amendment is named in honor of the coach who shielded students with his body during the Parkland shooting.
What do you think?
Do you support these measures? Do you want to see your state pass similar legislation? Or do you side with the NRA, which resists proposals to raise age limits and waiting periods? Hit Take Action and tell your reps, then share your thoughts below.
(Photo Credit: Allexxandar / iStock)
Live Election Updates: Georgia's Senate RunoffCheck back in for live election coverage on Tuesday, Dec. 6. Polls close at 7 p.m. EST. If you’re voting in person, you will go
New Trials Find a Four-Day Workweek to Be Successful - Are You Interested?What’s the story? New trials of a four-day workweek have been called “a resounding success.” Almost all companies who attempted Jobs
IT: 🏛️ The Supreme Court will review Biden's student debt relief plan, and... 🌎 Are you ready to take action against climate change?Welcome to Friday, December 2nd, pathos and ethos... The U.S. Supreme Court will review the legality of President Biden's
Supreme Court to Review Biden’s Student Debt Relief PlanUpdated December 2, 2022 The U.S. Supreme Court will review the legality of President Biden's student debt relief plan. Oral Loans