Our mission is to protect amphibian populations and the habitats in which they live, and to create a society that respects, enjoys and protects nature and wildlife.
SAVE THE FROGS! is an international team of scientists, educators, policymakers and naturalists dedicated to protecting the world’s amphibian species: the frogs, toads, newts, salamanders, and caecilians.
The amphibian extinction crisis is one of the most serious environmental issues of the 21st century, and thus SAVE THE FROGS! takes a multi-faceted approach towards protecting remaining amphibian populations.
(1) Conduct and fund scientific research that directly benefits amphibians;
(2) defend amphibians' legal rights;
(3) lobby for the creation of new laws, for instance to reduce the spread of infectious diseases and to ban harmful pesticides;
(4) protect land in areas of high amphibian biodiversity, and areas where critically endangered species are under immediate threat;
(5) improve environmental education in schools and increase the public’s awareness of environmental issues to ensure that amphibian conservation becomes (and remains) a top priority for current and future generations.
Please visit our website http://savethefrogs.com to sign up for our free newsletter and find out ways you can help.
SAVE THE FROGS!
1. Frog populations have been rapidly declining worldwide, and nearly one-third of the world’s 6,485 amphibian species are threatened with extinction.
2. At least 150 frog species have completely disappeared since 1980, and this is NOT normal.
3. Unless we act quickly, amphibian species will continue to disappear, resulting in irreversible consequences to Earth’s ecosystems and to humans.
4. It's up to YOU to SAVE THE FROGS!