Send Aid! Break the Siege!
The Middle East Children's Alliance (MECA) is a nonprofit humanitarian aid organization founded in 1988 and based in Berkeley, California. We carryout our work on behalf of children through:
• Direct aid including food, medicine, medical supplies, and clothes as well as books, toys and school supplies. Since 1988, we have sent or delivered more than $14 million in aid to children in Palestine, Lebanon and Iraq
• Financial support and professional assistance to community organizations in the West Bank and Gaza that help meet children’s, including clinics, kindergartens, counseling centers, libraries; accessible parks and playgrounds; sports teams, and dance, music and art programs.
• Educational and cultural programs in the US to increase understanding about the lives of children in the Middle East, and the impact of US foreign policy on people in the region.
• University scholarships for Palestinians
1. The Palestinian people need material aid.
2. They also need the international community to show solidarity and challenge the Israeli blockade of Gaza.