To release children from spiritual, physical, economic and social poverty and enable them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults.
Compassion International exists as a Christian child advocacy ministry that releases children from spiritual, physical, economic and social poverty and enables them to become responsible, fulfilled Christian adults.
Founded by Rev. Everett Swanson in 1952, Compassion began providing Korean war orphans with food, shelter, education and health care, as well as Christian training.
Today, Compassion helps more than 1 million children in 26 countries.
For more information, go to:
Give a child hope for the future -- and for all eternity. Sponsor a child today!
Worried about the money you donate and where it goes? Worry no more - all donations go to Compassion International. For more information, visit:
Follow Compassion on Twitter:
1. We commit to honor Jesus Christ in all that we do and to work in partnership with the local church.
2. We commit to link each child to only one sponsor and to give every child in our program a chance to respond to the gospel.
3. We commit to holistic development - developing minds, bodies and spirits - and to directly impact each child's individual development.
4. We commit to being financially accountable, to the highest industry standards for fund usage and to using money only for the reason it was raised.
5. We commit to educate and challenge our sponsors about poverty and development.