Mitchell Tripp
Mitchell Tripp campaign leader

"When I stepped out of bed, I hit the floor and I couldn't move," says Tonya Montgomery who had plastic poisoning. "I was completely paralyzed. It was awful and I was in a lot of pain."
Tonya Montgomery was ready to die. Helpless and alone on the floor for two days until her child's nanny found her. Over the next two months, Tonya was diagnosed with lupus, lymphoma, leukemia, and scleroderma, but she had none of them. After searching online, she found the answer and a doctor who confirmed it, Tonya was suffering from plastic poisoning.
"People are exposed to BPA constantly," explains Dr. Tracey Woodruff. PhD, MPH, the Director of Reproductive Health and the Environment at UCSF. The story is of a girl named Tonya Montgomery who suffered BPA poisoning. This is the poisoning that occurs from plastic pollution. Being exposed to BPA constantly can really harm your health. "It can alter the hormones in your body," says Dr. Woodruff. Experts say to avoid anything made with plastic number three, six, or seven. Tonya changed her spa, getting rid of anything and everything plastic. "Nothing's a toxic to the body," says Montgomery. She cleaned out her home and watches everything she eats. No plastic bags, bottles, or cups. "We don't use the microwave,” says Montgomery. “We don't do anything with preservatives. It took me about ninety days to get completely better. "It changed Tonya's life, and it could change yours too. Last year, French lawmakers banned BPA in all food packaging. Canada banned it in baby food products. The entire Japanese canning industry has gotten rid of BPA resin can liners. After a lot of pressure, the FDA has recently banned the use of BPA in baby bottles and sippy cups. However, it stopped short of banning the chemical in metal can liners and other plastics.

to comment