Energy Conservation is FREE Alternative Energy Available NOW !
America Continues to Waste over 70% of the Energy it Consumes.
Our flagrant energy waste is culturally pervasive and abominable !
(1) 100's of millions of lights burn unnecessarily every day and night.
(2) We over heat, over cool, and over light our businesses, offices,
SCHOOLS, municipalities, churches, homes, etc…
(3) Over packaging is the norm, and recycling is inadequate. Our landfills are busier than ever. (Plastics are the cause of most cancers and therefore our most heinous polluter.)
(4) Most Americans do not minimize their driving; road congestion is horrendous.
(5) America's incessant obsession with driving and road construction is the ultimate contradiction to sustainable living.
The ONLY way to eliminate the waste and over demand for energy is by using the economic impact of taxing energy. Crude oil must be taxed at $160 per barrel(42 gal) and this 'energy consumption tax' be offset by making Federal Income Tax begin at $40k. Only with a substantial and tangible dollar consequence/reward will there be the incentive to conserve energy. Until the price of gas is $5 to $7 per gallon, Americans will not significantly reduce their over consumption and energy waste. In the mean time, the USA continues its hedonist energy waste and gives away its economic and political wealth to the Middle East and China. Know that OPEC is glad to allow supply and demand market forces to drive energy prices to $7gallon.
'Our' earth cannot continue to support all the automakers. Ford, GM, and Chrysler continue toward bankrupt, yet do business as usual. They must transition to the lucrative business of building solar and wind 'energy producers' for the world's 6.7 BILLION people reason$. They already have the needed infrastructure to mass produce, sell, and install these products. Failure to innovate the auto industry away from energy consumption to energy production will cause the ruin our economy and the environment . We will run out of petroleum!
China, India, and other former 'developing countries' have just begun to compete for the world's remaining fossil fuel. If global demand for energy is not dramatically reduced, world war is inevitable.
Mass transit must become FREE, SAFE, CLEAN, and CONVENIENT; thereby rewarding those who reduce their driving.
Global warming continues to increase with our persistent waste and overuse of fossil fuels. Polar ice cap melting with subsequent methane release and resultant human extinction will be the reward for our failure to rapidly and broadly implement renewable energy supplies. The incentives necessary to implement sustainable and renewable energy supplies can ONLY occur when we employ the economics of TAXING ENERGY.
1. America WASTES over 70% of the energy it consumes.
2. Plant Trees, NOT asphalt.
3. Whenever practical, use forest products, NOT plastics.
Supporters are now helping to
We are fundraising for The Climate Reality Project. Join us in supporting them.