Highlights from this New Yorker piece:
* Rent controls place tenant and owner in conflict, including 2 anecdotes of fraud
* Significant law & government is needed to arbitrage this conflict of interests
* Average rent in SF is up 8% year-over-year
* Evictions are at an 11-year high
* There have been protests against rent-controlled evictions
* Ed Lee, talking at a tech conf, was quoted in support of building more housing
I wonder if we can find these protesting groups and coordinate with them on reform.
Supporters are now helping to
Housing density is a critical issue as more people move here than leave, and those moving here earn more than median incomes of the displaced. Informed policy on reform is vital for shaping the future of the city.
Viewed 58 times