A LITTLE HELP FROM A FRIEND IN COMMON?
I’d like to cite Rush Limbaugh’s article of yesterday: “WAS THE REPUBLICAN ESTABLISHMENT EVER SERIOUS ABOUT REPEALING OBAMACARE?”, July 29, 2013. I don’t always agree 100% with what Rush says - - but I always think his comments ought be considered. For brevity, I’ve borrowed a few thoughts from his article. If you tend to agree, please consider signing the Pledge I note below. It deals with the same general issue, i.e., whether the GOP is becoming too dis-connected from its Conservative base. Here’s Rush:
• “I don't think the (GOP) were ever serious about repealing health care”
• “If you go back and remember, soon as Obamacare was signed into law, every Republican running for office promised we're gonna do everything we can to repeal this, right?”
• “But now the Republican leadership in Washington is saying, ‘Nah, there's not really anything we can do now.’ "
• “The Democrats are also opposing fracking…. If we would authorize fracking we could put the Middle East out of business. … Now we've got a way to do it, and we won't.
• “The thing that's guiding the Republican Party today is just abject fear, and they're afraid of the wrong things.” .. “We know the Republican Party leadership does not want it to be a Conservative Party… But they are still the Republican Party”
If you generally agree with Rush’s thoughts above, please see if you agree with the Petition I’m seeking your help with. Go here: http://www.causes.com/actions/1757355-politics-or-principles