Update on January 27, 2013
Hanover County, Virginia responded to the demands of the attorney (not the pro-bono one in place now) with the following Abuse of Power
1) Including Chimpanzees in the Vicious Animal Category - even under the private zoo license.That element would be grounds for them to destroyed for no cause.
2) Putting Squirrels and hamsters in In Indigenous Protected Wildlife?
3) Offering a canine companion animal 3 chances to wound and maim before sanctioning the owner.
4) Depriving the zoo owner of his right to be heard in a Court of Law under the Virginia Constitution, prior to taking of property. Animals ,whether exotic zoo animals or a pet mouse, are considered Chattel (property) and worth no value under the laws of Hanover County.
5) Imposing a 300.00 per Chimp annual licensing fee if they Board does not revoke the license.
6) This is the most heinous and discriminatory law making body - 1) these laws fly in the face of the US CONSTITUTION and the COMMONWEALTH OF VIRGINIA CONSTITUTION. 2) they are creating laws to bully this man 3) they are threatening a USDA - protected species with Euthanasia when they are healthy and happy (and in a mini fort-knox).3) they are using the media to defame this man who only operates the zoo for educational purposes
IF YOU ARE A HANOVER COUNTY RESIDENT, YOU MAY FIND YOURSELF IN A SIMILAR POSITION WITH AN EASEMENT OR A CAR THAT THEY DON'T LIKE.
PLEASE TAKE ACTION BY CALLING THE FRAUD WASTE & ABUSE HOTLINE AND REPORT THIS UNJUST ACTIVITY.
WITH THE RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS AT THE FOREFRONT OF MEDIA ATTENTION, WHAT ABOUT A MAN'S RIGHT TO BE HEARD BEFORE A COURT OF LAW AND TO BE PROTECTED WITHOUT DISCRIMINATION? These Constitutionally afforded rights should be extended to every responsible citizen - THIS IS THE BEGINNING OF LOCAL GOVERNMENT INTERFERING IN CIVIL LIBERTIES.
You can call 24/7 anonymously or submit an online form. Please follow the link above to help save these rescued chimps from execution.