SAFE by the Numbers July 2012
In July, 2012 SAFE Advocates assisted 779 victims of domestic violence. SAFE's Response Line assisted 301 families with immediate crisis intervention services and information, while our Court Advocacy Program helped 607 families with legal information and advocacy services.
In July, 2012 SAFE Advocates:
- Wrote 303 petitions for Civil Protection Orders to assist victims seeking legal relief who could not afford or obtain an attorney;
- Housed 43 families within one hour of a violent incident and provided 31 lock changes to keep victims safe from future abuse;
- Accompanied 261 victims to court to provide information and support for their hearing for a Civil Protection Order;
- Created safety plans with 779 victims to ensure that they had a plan of action to keep themselves safe every day; and
- Provided emergency financial assistance such as food vouchers, clothing, replacement medication and transportation to 71 families.
Of the families that SAFE assisted last month, 177 were at high risk of homicide at the hands of an abuser, 219 had children in common with the abuser and 6% had a physical or mental disability.
Supporters are now helping to
SAFE Space just added 10 more units of crisis shelter! Help us provide needed day to day items by purchasing items on our Amazon Wish List at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=wish_list.
We are fundraising for Survivors and Advocates for Empowerment, Inc.. Join us in supporting them.
Viewed 4 times