SAFE by the Numbers: June 2012
In June, 2012 SAFE Advocates assisted 745 victims of domestic violence. Our 24-hour Response Line assisted 269 families with immediate crisis intervention services and information, while the Court Advocacy Program helped 600 families with legal information and advocacy services.
In June, 2012 SAFE Advocates:
- Wrote 273 petitions for Civil Protection Orders to assist victims seeking legal relief who could not afford or obtain an attorney;
- Housed 48 families within one hour of a violent incident and provided 30 lock changes to keep victims safe from future abuse;
- Accompanied 240 victims to court to provide information and support for their hearing for a Civil Protection Order;
- Created safety plans with 729 victims to ensure that they had a plan of action to keep themselves safe every day; and
- Provided emergency financial assistance such as food vouchers, clothing, replacement medication and transportation to 63 families.
Of the families that SAFE assisted last month, 208 were at high risk of homicide at the hands of an abuser, and 345 had children in common with the abuser.
Summer is our busiest season with a 20% increase in the number of victims seeking services from May to August and this year is no exception. To learn more about SAFE and find out how you can help us keep families safe this summer, check out our website at http://www.dcsafe.org.
Supporters are now helping to
SAFE Space just added 10 more units of crisis shelter! Help us provide needed day to day items by purchasing items on our Amazon Wish List at: http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/ref=wish_list.
We are fundraising for Survivors and Advocates for Empowerment, Inc.. Join us in supporting them.
Viewed 38 times