Tis’ The Season For Taking Action With Your Wallet To - Protect and Restore Our Wildlife and Waters
We need your support as the year comes to a close. Through your giving, we have had many successses. With your help we are:
- Acting to better protect and restore forage fish populations, which feed all the fish we love to eat.
- Fighting to protect Indian River Lagoon dolphins and seagrasses from toxic slime;
- Battling in court to save mangroves and salt ponds in the British Virgin Islands;
- Working with the government, fisherman, and youth to set up an Ecosystem Research Area in Stellwagen Bank;
- Cleaning up the green slime in Nantucket Sound for hypoxia free, clean waters.
Join with us for another year of fighting to save critical habitats and wildlife. We can win these battles, but we need your support for these vital efforts. Please donate $5 or more today!
Supporters are now helping to
We need your support right now! In 2008, bottlenose dolphins of Florida's Indian River Lagoon suffered a "marine mammal unusual mortality event." 46 dolphins died in the IRL. This year, it looks like another mortality event is underway. 75 Florida dolphins have died in 2010. Dolphins are being found emaciated, with respiratory problems, brain lesions, skin-eating fungal infections and other…
Access to clean drinking water is paramount to human health. Unfortunately, we are being exposed to more and more chemicals in the water that can act as endocrine disrupting chemicals (EDCs). Endocrine disrupters are naturally occurring or man-made substances that can interfere with the function of hormones in the body. They can turn on, shut off, or change the signals that hormones carry, which…