Stop 2018 🇺🇸 School Violence - NOW!!!
I’d readily offer my support to H.R. 4909: STOP School Violence Act of 2018 — Which would reauthorize the Secure Our Schools grant program with $50 million annually through fiscal year 2028. The program is currently funded with $30 million annually.
Grants could be used for:
1) Training law enforcement, school personnel, and students;
2) Developing and operating anonymous reporting systems for threats of school violence (including hotlines, websites, and mobile apps);
3) Security assessments & coordination with local law enforcement;
4) Installing & using deterrent measures like metal detectors and locks;
5) Other measures that may provide significant improvement in security.
This is a commonsense, bipartisan bill that’d provide an additional $20 million annually to help schools implement violence prevention programs to keep our children 👶 safe. 3*11*18.