There are several reasons to vote no on this issue.
1. Do we really want congressmen and senators probably not trained in medicine to be our Drs?
2. If you would find yourself in the ER in serious pain. Say, from being in a car wreck as an example. Do you want your Dr limited to giving you an Tylenol for pain? Or perhaps bringing out aspirin as the heavy pain med? And of course soothing music is always a good option.
3. How has political correctness gotten to the point to where we can’t even tell the truth for fear of hurting someone’s feelings that we would rather blame a nonentity. Like blaming Drs instead of pointing to the bad players and say You did this.
4. We all know where the opioids are coming from and it is not from dr’s. They are not coming from a prescription, they are coming across our unsecured southern border. Simple as that. Somehow saying something is coming across our southern border is equated with racism. I have no idea how that math adds up.
5. The plain and simple truth is we know where the opioids causing all of these serious issues are coming from. Who is sending them here illegally? I don’t know who, it could be someone of any nationality but, there are two facts we know. The illegal opioids are coming across the Mexican border and the chemicals for making Fenantyl and Carfentanyl are for the most part coming from China.
6. The way to deal with this very serious issue is to quit blaming Drs and the pharmaceutical industry, secure the border and make bringing illegal opioids and/or the chemicals used to make them it a major offense with extreme consequences if caught and found guilty.