NBC / MSNBC have been deceptively editing tapes used in news reports to present a false reality to the world. The public deserves a clear answer as to why this is happening. Unless NBC / MSNBC stop this practice, they cannot be trusted!
We are calling on David McCormick - Executive Producer, Broadcast Standards & Ombudsman for NBC News - to issue a public statement explaining how deceptive editing continues to happen, a commitment to conduct an internal investigation, and NBC Universal's plans for preventing this from happening in the future.
Mr. McCormick is responsible for final approval of all investigative reports on NBC News programs and conducts seminars on ethics in journalism for NBC employees. He is obligated to prevent this from happening in the first place, yet deceitful editing has happened at least three times in the month of June 2013 alone. Here is a non-exhaustive list of NBC's journalistic malpractice over the last 2 years or so.
- The latest known misconduct was late June when NBC edited a rabbi to appear like he was protecting child molester when the opposite was true. (June 2013).
- MSNBC selectively edited a Congressman to make it appear that he said food stamp recipients are all rapists, pedophiles, and murderers. Of course this could not be further from the truth. (June 2013).
- MSNBC's Bashir selectively edited 1981 Reagan aide remarks to make Republicans look racist. (June 6 2013).
- NBC edited audio of George Zimmerman's 911 call in a deceptive manner that made him appear racist. This was all a lie. (December 2012).
- MSNBC hyped a minor Romney gaffe by editing a video to remove substance of argument, suggesting he was out of touch. (June 2012).
- MSNBC doctored another video to trash Romney. (September 2012).
- NBC's deceptive edit of Sandusky may serve as grounds for appeal. (June 2012).
- MSNBC’s Rachel Maddow gleefully admited to using edited video to smear the GOP. (February 2013).
- NBC falsely portrayed Texas Governor Rick Perry's “black cloud” metaphor as a racist reference to President Obama. He was actually referring to the national debt. (August 2011).
- A dishonest video edit from NBC smeared gun rights supporters. (January 2013).
Regardless of political affiliation the media has an obligation to present accurate information. NBC is failing miserably. Mr. McCormick, the public deserves a statement immediately!