Virginia Merie White
Virginia Merie White

I had a be nine tumor removed when I was only 21,I am 52 and I have scar tissue and at times it still hurts,I lost 2 sizes on my left Brest, and yes I worried about getting cancer,I lost my aunt 3 years ago to Brest cancer,

Jean Stone
Jean Stone

Yes of course I am very interested in the test , I think it's a brave choice , wise and strong one .

Diane Merry
Diane Merry

Please repost if you know or you love your loved ones!!! Please... I love you Mom!!!

Rene Buckley
Rene Buckley

19 years ago, I had a Preventative double mastectomy because of my family history. Still the best decision I ever made, but I would have loved this test to have been available then. If only the genes had even been identified back then!

Claudia Keppel
Claudia Keppel

i had breast cancer in 2004. had chemo and radiation. i will be a 9 year survivor in oct. i would be glad to be tested and try for my daughter not to get it and my nieces also due to my grandmother and my mother had breast cancer. thank you

Pat Chamberlain
Pat Chamberlain

We have Breast cancer in our family after 60, Grandmother, mother, sister, mom also had ovarian camcer in her 80's. My insurance won't pay for it.

Kellie Fazekas
Kellie Fazekas

After learning that I had breast cancer, the BRCA test was done that day in my doctor's office. No regrets!

Kathy Gardner
Kathy Gardner

I don't really want to know when or about the time in my life I can expect it. My mother is battling it at the moment, I don't really want to live my life thinking between the age of 55 and 65 I should expect it. I will deal with it when and if it happens

Ana Ventura
Ana Ventura

This is cool. I am interested in getting to know more about this test. I am over 40 years old and it may be a good time to test it out.

Steph Moran
Steph Moran

I studied breast cancer genetics for my Masters degree. I think it is important to point out that the BRCA gene is heritable - you can inherit it from your parents, so women who have a first degree relative that has breast cancer and tests positive for the BRCA gene should definitely tested - I think it is offered free of charge here in New Zealand for these women.

If you have no family history of breast cancer (mother, grandmother, aunts, daughters, cousins) you probably do not need to be...

I studied breast cancer genetics for my Masters degree. I think it is important to point out that the BRCA gene is heritable - you can inherit it from your parents, so women who have a first degree relative that has breast cancer and tests positive for the BRCA gene should definitely tested - I think it is offered free of charge here in New Zealand for these women.

If you have no family history of breast cancer (mother, grandmother, aunts, daughters, cousins) you probably do not need to be tested.

It is possible for BRCA to appear in women with no family history - this is a random mutation and is rare.

Remember, BRCA only accounts for approx 20% of all breast cancers. We women still need to be aware of the other 80% and not be complacent.

Breast self examination, regular mammograms etc. Its still important.

Brava, Angelina. What a brave and inspiring woman.

See more comments…