It's inhumane and just plain cruel...Even prisoners are treated better than this....and these animals haven't done anything except try to live and help do their part in the ecosystem.
Its so cruel and wrong
It is just plain inhumane, painful and the animal suffers immensely . Cruelty to animals in my eyes. Should be no trapping at all.
This cruel killing of wolves is so wrong, these traps should never be allowed anywhere - it's cruel, selfish people who lay them,there the one's who should be in them
Wolves are Beautiful Animals and it is not mans right to kill them for any reason....they have as much right to life as any and every other Creature. Man is a Monster all the while he destroys life...GIVE WITH IT PEOPLE
The Tasmanian Tiger was abundant in
Tasmania before European settlement in 1803.
Those unique marsupial carnivores fell into rapid
decline between 1886 and 1909, when the Tasmanian
government encouraged people to hunt the iconic
predator by paying a bounty for carcasses. They
were hunted, trapped and poisoned. If nothing is done to stop this the wolves
will become extinct and we will not be able to get
them back. These killings have to stop
It causes painful suffering and eventually death to anything that ends up in the trap. Wildlife, domestic animals, children and anyone who has the misfortune to come across them. Nothing on this earth deserves to be trapped!
Trapping must stop immediately because it is an example of extreme animal cruelty and abuse.
1. There are a number of photographs on the internet of wolf trappers teasing living wolves caught foothold traps before the suffering and frightened animal is either clubbed to death or shot. Such cruelty and exhibitionism must be stopped.
2. Many wolf trappers do not want to check traps every three or four hours and want the legal time extended to 72 hours. This means a trapped wolf will die...
2. Many wolf trappers do not want to check traps every three or four hours and want the legal time extended to 72 hours. This means a trapped wolf will die from fear and starvation before a trapper arrives to club it to death or shot.
3. Trapping is indiscriminate. Eagles, bobcats, wolverines, swift foxes and pet dogs have been caught in traps set for wolves during the 2012-13 hunting season in states where wolf culls are legal.
4. Ohe of the most obscene form of animal cruelty is baiting traps with wolf carcasses so members its family will be attracted to the scent as they search for their lost relative and meet a cruel death themselves.
Great points Steffie! Thanks for your help!
What can anyone possibly say that justifies such cruel treatment of animals who are simply trying to live?
Because traps are indiscriminate and have no place in this world. If I could personally destroy every trap in the woods I would.
It is important to me because it is the nature of life's cycle to procreate and live freely. It is man's gendre to trap and kill in a cruel and selfish manner. THIS MUST STOP ASAP.