Trapping must stop immediately because it is an example of extreme animal cruelty and abuse.
1. There are a number of photographs on the internet of wolf trappers teasing living wolves caught foothold traps before the suffering and frightened animal is either clubbed to death or shot. Such cruelty and exhibitionism must be stopped.
2. Many wolf trappers do not want to check traps every three or four hours and want the legal time extended to 72 hours. This means a trapped wolf will die...
2. Many wolf trappers do not want to check traps every three or four hours and want the legal time extended to 72 hours. This means a trapped wolf will die from fear and starvation before a trapper arrives to club it to death or shot.
3. Trapping is indiscriminate. Eagles, bobcats, wolverines, swift foxes and pet dogs have been caught in traps set for wolves during the 2012-13 hunting season in states where wolf culls are legal.
4. Ohe of the most obscene form of animal cruelty is baiting traps with wolf carcasses so members its family will be attracted to the scent as they search for their lost relative and meet a cruel death themselves.
Great points Steffie! Thanks for your help!
Because traps are indiscriminate and have no place in this world. If I could personally destroy every trap in the woods I would.
It is important to me because it is the nature of life's cycle to procreate and live freely. It is man's gendre to trap and kill in a cruel and selfish manner. THIS MUST STOP ASAP.
How would you feel if your child wandered away while camping and got caught in one?????
Our wildlife should be valued and protected not cruelly killed for sport. Where is the compassion?
When will people leave wild animals alone? In South Africa they are poaching our rhino for horns. Makes me sick
Trapping is a horrible way of hunting
TRAPPING, IS A LAZY COWARDS WAY OF HUNTING!
I am afraid of where we are headed as a society. We seem to be more inhumane, less tolerant each day. If we are to be a civilized society, we must end these types of inhumanity.
I will never understand why there are such a destructive men in this world, much less understand why their cruelty level is always used towards the weakest beings in the world. Personally I love wolves and their social behavior.
I DONT LIKE SEEING ANIMALS BEING KILLED JUST FOR THE HUNT.THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO RUN FREE.SOME OF THE PICS IVE SEEN HAVE MADE ME SO ANGRY AND SICK.WHO IN THERE RIGHT MIND WOULD WANT TO KILL THESE ANIMALS.I THINK JUST TO BRAG ABOUT IT,SO SAD.