Brigade logo
Causes is now part of Brigade – the world's first network for voters.
Join Brigade to take action on issues and elections that matter to you.
Take me to Brigade

Mary Thielemann SALISBURY, NC

· 3 months ago
· Liked 2

Mary Thielemann SALISBURY, NC

· 3 months ago
· Liked 2

This situation just sickens me. All too often I see this same thing happening in our mental health care system, in our assisted living facilities for the mentally or physically handicaped, the elderly etc. It doesn't matter if a person is there voluntarily or via commitment. It is the duty of the staff of these facilities to care for those in their charge and to insure their physical, emotional and mental safety. Abuse is far to common and serious investigations and reforms are needed to insure that this sort of behavior is stopped and those who commit these acts are charged for their crimes against those under their care.If Marquis Tanksley does legitimately require commitment to a facility, than he needs to be removed from this one immediately and placed in one where his physical safety and the respect for his person and property is assured. No one should ever have to suffer this sort of treatment.

Tom Straub
Tom Straub

tom straub

Neil Howard
Neil Howard

Any person that works in a facility that takes care of people with disabilities should go through testing to see if they have the patience to work with special need adults. These
(workers) should be beat sevearly. How hard it would be to trust others to care for you.
God Bless you Marquis, be strong.

• Neil Howard

thank you for your support Neil!

Kris May
Kris May
  • Neil Howard

I agree! Too many still are not trained. I been to two hospitals that don't have well trained staff.

Jayson Leeper WEYMOUTH, MA

· about 13 hours ago
· Liked 0

Jayson Leeper WEYMOUTH, MA

· about 13 hours ago
· Liked 0

Like Marquis Tanksley, I am Autistic. I am a self-advocate, and just the thought that things like this, happen to others like myself, is disturbing enough. This account is painful to read and I am signing because I don't care if I'm, I don't care if this gets me praised, the only thing that I honestly care about when signing this, is getting Marquis out of that supremacistic, sefish, uncompassionate, hateful Hell. CDC needs to be closed down, they don't care about Autistics or our struggles against humiliation and dehumanization, they only care to intensify our struggle.

• Myra Tanksley

Jason, thank you for speaking up and speaking out! You are a wonderful young man, God bless you!

Lydia Espino WORTHINGTON, MN

· 15 days ago
· Liked 1

It hurts me to see this happening. I have a disabled brother and I would kill if anyone would ever touch him or say something in the wrong way. I'm sorry Marquis. Hope all goes well and you deserve so much better. Life will come beautiful to you sweetie. Stay strong, those horrible people will get caught and you will be the cause of something being down about these incidents. You will make a change. <3

• Myra Tanksley

God bless you and your brother!

• Peggy Johnson

Will do!

Suzette Wilhelmy CINCINNATI, OH

· 2 months ago
· Liked 1

My Son Has autism too and was abused by staff in a facility that where they were to take care of him

Cordelia Schirer-Suter BEVERLY, MA

· 2 months ago
· Liked 1

No person should be abused

moira wheatley HYTHE, UNITED KINGDOM

· 2 months ago
· Liked 2

l am disgusted that he has been treated like this, where are his human rights, terrible..

BARB WEWERS SOUTH MILWAUKEE, WI

· 2 months ago
· Liked 2

You should be treating people, the way you would want to be treated, if you were in this situation. It seems that the state of Ohio has failed miserably!

RELEASE MARQUIS TANKSLEY IMMEDIATELY!