I am an American living in Ireland. I love the land in which I was born however, this slaughter of innocent men, women and children on behalf of Isreal is wrong.
we are all concerned at the moment...that the US will attack Syria.....But we must NEVER forget the genocide of the Palestinian people in Gaza at the hands of Zionist Israel...
The only solution is to stop violence on both sides, reconciliation and the mutual recognition. Don't investigate in any weapons but have negociations in full mutual respect.
Killing of innocent children of Palestine must stop. Gaza and the west bank have been the grounds for these massacres for decades and it is time to put an end to these atrocities and free the Palestinian people to live normal lives.
U.S.A the best supporter of Israel.
Yes for sure Israel should be impeached and judged on its war crimes against the Palestinians.
I wish the US & Australian political leaders had the courage to take a strong stand against Israeli aggression and inhumanity.
Surely this is the time to:
* immediately recognise the state of Palestine.
* stop all military trade, aid and cooperation and call for an international ban in the UN.
* withdraw embassies from Israel ("Occupied Palestine").
* support sending UN peacekeepers to defend the borders of Palestine.
* cease recognising Israel as a state until it:
- genuinely negotiates in good faith with Palestine about a peace treaty and honours its promises.
- officially recognises the state of Palestine.
- ceases its unnecessary attacks against the people of Palestine.
- removes its citizens from Palestinian lands - ie those illegally occupied since 1948.
(except those settlers who elect to become citizens of Palestine with the agreement of the Palestinian Authority).
- demolishes the dividing wall.
- removes all check points.
- stops the inhuman boycott of Gaza.
- compensate all Palestinians who have lost direct family members, their homes and.
- takes genuine legal action against those members of the Israel military who have been proved to have violated the human rights of Palestinian civilians.
Australian and US leaders are not truly sincere about democracy, human rights and social justice unless they take such a stand.
[A similar position should also be taken towards Indonesia until it pulls its genocidal military from West Papua and takes steps to deal with the war criminals.
in its ranks and compensates all the victims of its crimes (West Papuans, East Timorese, Achinese and Indonesians)].
Andrew (Andy) Alcock.
I hope they realize that bloodshed leads to nowhere.