Gotta stand up now... We had enough of all the Lies in Big Corperations and especially the Federals..
1. States Parties recognize the right of the child to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health and to facilities for the treatment of illness and rehabilitation of health. States Parties shall strive to ensure that no child is deprived of his or her right of access to such health care services forth in the present Convention and in other international human rights or humanitarian instruments to which the said States are Parties.
2. For this purpose, States...
2. For this purpose, States Parties shall provide, as they consider appropriate, co-operation in any efforts by the United Nations and other competent intergovernmental organizations or non-governmental organizations cooperating with the United Nations to protect and assist such a child and to trace the parents or other members of the family of any refugee child in order to obtain information necessary for reunification with his or her family. In cases where no parents or other members of the family can be found, the child shall be accorded the same protection as any other child permanently or temporarily deprived of his or her family environment for any reason, as set forth in the present Convention.
States Parties shall pursue full implementation of this right and, in particular, shall take appropriate measures:
(a) To diminish infant and child mortality;
(b) To ensure the provision of necessary medical assistance and health care to all children with emphasis on the development of primary health care;
(c) To combat disease and malnutrition, including within the framework of primary health care, through, iner alia, the application of readily available technology and through the provision of adequate nutritious foods and clean drinking-water, taking into consideration the dangers and risks of environmental pollution;
(d) To ensure appropriate pre-natal and post-natal health care for mothers;
(e) To ensure that all segments of society, in particular parents and children, are informed, have access to education and are supported in the use of basic knowledge of child health and nutrition, the advantages of breast-feeding, hygiene and environmental sanitation and the prevention of accidents;
(f) To develop preventive health care, guidance for parents and family planning education and services.
3. States Parties shall take all effective and appropriate measures with a view to abolishing traditional practices prejudicial to the health of children.
4. States Parties undertake to promote and encourage international co-operation with a view to achieving progressively the full realization of the right recognized in the present article. In this regard, particular account shall be taken of the needs of developing countries.
My family was racist against the fact that my grandmother had a child with a native man, and my great, great, great, grandfather was murdered by the government for leading the Red River Rebellion. His name was Louis David Riel, and I wouldn't want his death to be in vain. These cowards that hide behind there desks counting the money they stole, who are protected by the police, will one day learn there lesson.
To end the cycle of Lies, Land/ Property/Identity Theft and Abuse by the wealthy Families that run Canada's Governments, Polive & Military Forces & Corporations.
It is my Culture that is being under minded by unjust, greedy and self loathing people.
Sem explicações, atavicamente sou extremamente conectada aos povos nativos do mundo, porém do CANADÁ em especial, UM PAÍS E POVO AMADOS DE MINH'ALMA! Assim sendo, como dizem "existem mais coisas , entre céus e terra"do que nossa vã filosofia, explique"!
I am from the Nez Perce Nation (whose people fought for their freedom in 1874-77). We were chased to Montana by the U.S. Calvary and reached the Bears Paw Mountains 40 miles from the Canadian border. After being attacked by the military, Chief Joseph decided to surrender for the safety of the women/children. Many of our people fled to different parts of Montana and Canada. Chief White Bird led a small group over the border to safety (that is where the people were heading-to join Chief...
I am from the Nez Perce Nation (whose people fought for their freedom in 1874-77). We were chased to Montana by the U.S. Calvary and reached the Bears Paw Mountains 40 miles from the Canadian border. After being attacked by the military, Chief Joseph decided to surrender for the safety of the women/children. Many of our people fled to different parts of Montana and Canada. Chief White Bird led a small group over the border to safety (that is where the people were heading-to join Chief Sitting Bull and his people. There are many of our brother's and sister's that live in Canada today. We jouney to visit them when we can. I strongly feel the canadian government has done the native canadian people wrong. We are indigenous people of this land. We cry for honor, to be recognized for what we stand for as indigenous people. The government has never fully embraced and honored our people righteously. A little bit here and there when it is good for them. But for giving the indigenous people the honor they deserve, never has happened. Will stand by all our native people to the end of my time here on earth.
Treaty Settlements in BC I was shocked to learn recently that BC is the only Canadian province that has not negotiated treaty settlements with our Aboriginal Peoples. There is also injustice amongst aboriginal within their bands as well...this must also change so that all natives have equal opportunity.