Federal Court case was won if Feb, ruling that 1st. Nations children's rights fall under the Human Rights act, Our present Government appealed this ruling... DA?
Further awareness & how you can help: http://www.fncaringsociety.com/.
Justice Reform for First Nations Equal Rights; according to Section 67 Canadian Human Rights Act , which specifies that "all individuals" are to be treated equally and without discrimination.
http://www.cirp.org/library/ethics/UN-convention/ this what they need to know
1. States Parties recognize the right of the child to the enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health and to facilities for the treatment of illness and rehabilitation of health. States Parties shall strive to ensure that no child is deprived of his or her right of access to such health care services forth in the present Convention and in other international human rights or humanitarian instruments to which the said States are Parties.
2. For this purpose, States...
2. For this purpose, States Parties shall provide, as they consider appropriate, co-operation in any efforts by the United Nations and other competent intergovernmental organizations or non-governmental organizations cooperating with the United Nations to protect and assist such a child and to trace the parents or other members of the family of any refugee child in order to obtain information necessary for reunification with his or her family. In cases where no parents or other members of the family can be found, the child shall be accorded the same protection as any other child permanently or temporarily deprived of his or her family environment for any reason, as set forth in the present Convention.
States Parties shall pursue full implementation of this right and, in particular, shall take appropriate measures:
(a) To diminish infant and child mortality;
(b) To ensure the provision of necessary medical assistance and health care to all children with emphasis on the development of primary health care;
(c) To combat disease and malnutrition, including within the framework of primary health care, through, iner alia, the application of readily available technology and through the provision of adequate nutritious foods and clean drinking-water, taking into consideration the dangers and risks of environmental pollution;
(d) To ensure appropriate pre-natal and post-natal health care for mothers;
(e) To ensure that all segments of society, in particular parents and children, are informed, have access to education and are supported in the use of basic knowledge of child health and nutrition, the advantages of breast-feeding, hygiene and environmental sanitation and the prevention of accidents;
(f) To develop preventive health care, guidance for parents and family planning education and services.
3. States Parties shall take all effective and appropriate measures with a view to abolishing traditional practices prejudicial to the health of children.
4. States Parties undertake to promote and encourage international co-operation with a view to achieving progressively the full realization of the right recognized in the present article. In this regard, particular account shall be taken of the needs of developing countries.
Gotta stand up now... We had enough of all the Lies in Big Corperations and especially the Federals..
As someone entitled to Canadian citizenship, I believe that it is the duty of anyone currently benefiting from living in Canada and the US to support the rights and freedoms of the indigenous nations of Native Canadian/North American Indians. After all, they have been there long before anyone else, and they have a right to live in peace and freedom from fear of poverty and subjugation.
My family lives there in duncan
That water rights be common..not sold to the highest bidder.
Injustice is one of the things I hate most.
urgensee n recognishyun uv indiginous aboriginal rites.
My family was racist against the fact that my grandmother had a child with a native man, and my great, great, great, grandfather was murdered by the government for leading the Red River Rebellion. His name was Louis David Riel, and I wouldn't want his death to be in vain. These cowards that hide behind there desks counting the money they stole, who are protected by the police, will one day learn there lesson.