Interested in joining the Grassroot Soccer team in Africa?
GRS is offering a handful of one-year internships in southern Africa to college graduates. Working with innovative HIV prevention programs, interns gain valuable experience, leadership skills, knowledge, and training to launch a career in global health, education, or sport for development.
Duties of GRS Interns include but are not limited to:
• Working with local staff to manage school- and community-based HIV prevention interventions
• Training professional soccer players, teachers, coaches, and other community leaders to deliver .
• Building partnerships with various public, private, and non- profit stakeholders.
• Monitoring and evaluating program effectiveness
• Assisting in business development, curriculum development, research, or operations.
Ideal Intern candidates are creative, hardworking, independent, culturally sensitive, open-minded, reliable and responsible. Additionally, they will possess and demonstrate the following:
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Passion and enthusiasm for global health, education, and/or youth development through sport
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, etc.)
• Commitment to social justice and public service
• Relevant leadership or service experience
Interns' in-country housing and work-related transportation are covered by GRS. All other travel and living expenses are the GRS Intern’s responsibility. Interns have to typically raise at least $10,000 to cover these expenses.
For more information or to apply, visit http://grassrootsoccer.org/interns