Offering real hope to the tempted and addicted
ACTION POINTS - WHAT IS THIS CAUSE ALL ABOUT?
1. If you are struggling with viewing Internet pornography, find accountability for your Internet use.
Make the Job 31:1 promise: "I have made a covenant with my eyes." Go to www.CovenantEyes.com and download a unique software that will monitor all your Internet use and email a detailed report to accountability partners of your choosing.
2. If you know someone who is struggling with this, help them find accountability for their Internet use (or become an accountability partner for them).
3. Invite others to join the cause: "Fighting Internet Pornography."
STATS ON PORN:
- In one recent survey, 50% of Christian men and 20% of Christian women admitted to being addicted to pornography.
- Internet porn is the fastest growing segment of the adult entertainment market (nearly $3 billion a year).
- When last measured, there were 1.6 million pornographic websites, amounting to 420 million pages of porn.
- The #1 search term used at search engine sites is “sex.” Users searched for “sex” more than other terms such as “games,” “travel,” “music,” “jokes,” “cars,” “weather,” “health” and “jobs” combined. “Pornography/porno/porn” was the fourth-most searched for subject.
1. Pornography is ultimately harmful to people and relationships. Our goal is to help people in their personal battle against it.
2. Internet pornography can be especially tempting to view because it is anonymous.
3. We challenge ourselves to make a covenant with our eyes, not to look lustfully at another person (Job 31:1).
4. Being accountable for Internet use is a vital first step in fighting this temptation.
5. Accountability software (www.CovenantEyes.com) is a valuable resource for accountability partners who are fighting this temptation.