COMEC works to promote the safeguarding of our children from child predators, abductors, drug dealers, gangs and any person who might seek to harm or exploit them. 501(c)(3), Tax ID#: 62-1406329
Formed August 24th, 1984, the Commission on Missing and Exploited Children (COMEC) is a non-profit charitable organization that promotes the safety and protection of all children. COMEC was formed as a collaborative effort between the Juvenile Court of Memphis and Shelby County and the Memphis Police Department. Thousands of children and families in the community have benefited from the prevention and intervention services that COMEC provides. COMEC works to promote the safeguarding of our children from child predators, abductors, drug dealers, gangs and any person who might seek to harm or exploit them. COMEC has received letters of support from various city officials – Police Chief Larry A. Godwin, Shelby County Sheriff Mark H. Luttrell, Jr., and Shelby County Mayor.
Commission on Missing & Exploited Children (COMEC)
616 Adams Avenue, Room 200, Memphis, TN 38105
Phone (901) 405-8441, Fax (901) 405-8542, Email: [email protected], Website: www.comec.org
Tax Status: 501(c)(3), Federal ID#: 62-1406329
1. We administer the AMBER Alerts for the Mid-South region.
2. COMEC has a Teen Drug Hotline (901-572-DRUGS)
3. COMEC provides child ID & Safety program and internet safety programs
4. We provide free drug testing and a drug education counselor
5. Community Outreach Program: health fairs, information booths, child safety presentations, drug prevention presentations, speakers