To see a Bible translation program in progress in every language still needing one by 2025.
What we are:
* Wycliffe is the world's largest Bible translation organization.
* Wycliffe is an international association of organizations that has been dedicated to making God's Word accessible to all people in their heart language for 65 years.
* Wycliffe formally adopted Vision 2025 in 1999 - a vision of seeing Bible translations underway in all languages needing translations by year 2025.
What we do:
* Wycliffe has, to date, been involved in 735 New Testament and Bible translations, touching more than 100 million people.
* Wycliffe has participated in more than half of all Scripture translations.
* Since 2000, languages without any Bible translation have dropped from 3,000 to just over 2,000.
Why our work is important:
* Each language is unique and perfectly suited for people who use it, think in it, and identify themselves with it.
* Although a secondary national language may be spoken, understanding deep, meaningful concepts comes from the heart language.
* Bible translation itself is foundational to ministries of evangelism, church planting and discipleship.
* The disciplines of Bible translation are essential for organizations that serve the world's oral learning communities. For these story-telling people groups, Bible translation ensures that meaningful stories and lessons shared verbally are scripturally accurate.
Wycliffe’s broader impact:
* Though many know Wycliffe as the world’s largest Bible translation organization, most do not know that the language development work that is foundational to each translation impacts the efforts of countless other community development efforts, relief organizations, and governments.
* Wycliffe’s language development work:
• Is instrumental in increasing literacy rates, enhancing government relations, improving healthcare through AIDS education, clean water and more
• Paves the way for educational books, brochures and more to be translated
Affecting change in important causes like poverty and social justice really starts in the strangest place—it starts with Bible translation.
Wycliffe is part of a global family of organizations. To view other Wycliffe entities, please visit: http://www.wycliffe.net
1. Vision: That God's Word is accessible to all people in a language that speaks to their heart.
2. Beyond Translation: Did you know Wycliffe doesn’t only translate the Bible? We also help translate life-saving health care information.
3. Celebrating Culture: In many places, Wycliffe helps create a written form of a language where none existed before.
4. Why Bible Translation Matters: More than 2,200 language communities still do not have true access to even one verse of Scripture.
5. Vision 2025: Vision 2025 is an initiative to see a Bible translation program in progress in every language still needing one by the year 2025.