The Free Trade Agreements must be revamped, along with its loopholes allowing American Corporations to leave our home land, settling on foreign land, manufacturing goods, re-directing its merchandise back to the United States of America.
As an American manufacturer my-self, I truly believe, if you want to sell a product here, it should be made here in America. If an American manufacturer decides to settle its wings abroad, then they should be outlining a method to cater to that particle geographic area regarding its consumers. Let them open up manufacturing plants abroad for the sole purpose of catering to the area's geographic consumers.
Its not that I am against free trade, I am against the unfettered free trade.
American corporations leaving our home land, making deals with foreign governments, throwing Americans on the street, for the sole reason of cheap labor, avoiding labor laws, escaping regulatory regulations, and the "greed and pursuit" of the "almighty dollar."
I also believe if these American Corporations who seek the support of our elected officials, our servicemen in uniform, and the American consumer, then I believe, for the good of our country, If you are an American Corporation, with a corporate seal of the United States, and you are in the manufacturing business, than that plant should be housed within the 50 states of our country, "employing Americans".
"The future for tomorrow's leaders, (America's future leaders), concerning our children today, is probably the most important issue any parent, political and / or labor leader should be addressing today."
Did we not learn how our nation became the greatest country ever? It was thru hard work, ingenuity, innovation, and a vision.....everyone pitching in; building our nation thru the sweat of our ancestors merits. Thru the sweat of our ancestors, came a nation that future generations were supposed to thrive on.
Instead, we are giving away our resources, technology, and most important American Ingenuity.
What good is free trade when millions of Americans are left on the unemployment and poverty lines.
Today we have a debt that passed the 16.4 trillion dollars threshold. (16 thousand billion). That number is absurd. How can a nation of so called educated leaders allow this horrific debt to incur on us and especially our children. What was the sense of building a nation, especially thru industrialization, and then allowing thousand of corporations along with its investors and shareholders to close up shop in our country, throw Americans on the street, for the sole purpose of escaping regulatory regulations, cheap labor, benefits that are associated with labor, and most important, revenue taxes.
All this is destroying our nation. How can corporate individuals, who love this nation, live and thrive here, allow our nation to go into default. How can they expect our political leaders, our military, and especially the American consumer to support them. Free trade needs to be revamped. Again, I am not against free trade, but allowing Americans to be thrown onto the streets, so the wings of capitalism can settle on foreign land is "just not American".
We need Americans to stand on the sweat of their own merits. Jobs, economy, and the right to make a living should be our politicians 1st. concern.
We need to mobilize our economy again. We do not need a tune-up. We need to overhaul our economy. We need to bring American Manufacturing and American Industry back to our nation.
Since the signing of these free trade agreements; enacted and signed by our former legislators, the loopholes allowing American Corporation to settle on foreign land, for the sole purpose to manufacturer goods, re-directing it's merchandize back to our home land, is not free trade. That is American Corporations selling our country out for the sake of "The Almighty Dollar.
What good is cheap, when millions of Americans can't afford cheap. I truly believe the loopholes that allows thousands of American Corporations to leave our homeland because of the enacted free trade agreements need to be revamped.
A good example are the US Olympic Uniforms being manufactured in China. For more than 45 years Ralph Lauren has built a brand that embodies the best of American quality and design rooted in the rich heritage of our country. There longstanding relationship with the United States Olympic Committee by serving as an Official Outfitter of the US Olympic and Paralympic teams should have meant that our Olympic Uniforms should have been "Made In America". Instead, the "Greed and Pursuit" of the Almighty Dollar has led Ralph Lauren & Co. to "OUTSOURCE" the uniforms.
In the meantime, we need to enticed American Corporations that left our homeland to come back to the United States of America.
Our Goal should be as follows:
A) To bring American Manufacturing / American Industry back to the United States, we need to...........,
1) Have taxes cut domestically for American Manufactures, Industries, Corporation, "based and housed" here in the United States, including real estate taxes. This will definitely enticed corporation to move back home. There are thousands of plants across our nation that are no longer occupied, perhaps abandoned, where real estate taxes are not collected anyway.
2) Tariffs on outsourced labor and products.
3) Regulations streamlines.
4) Bureaucratic clutter eliminated.
5) Trade barriers for exports knocked down.
6) Building trade unions recognizing "American Manufacturing as a main source of American building products for installation. Today, building trade union members are installing products from other countries for the sole purpose of keeping members working. These products are being manufacturing abroad, escaping regulatory regulations, labor laws, taxes that were to be generated here, and most important, American Jobs in "Rural America". As a signatory member of a Union my-self, I personally believe we should be putting in American goods manufactured here made by Americans, before installing products manufactured abroad, thereby escaping revenue that would have been generated if it was "Made In America."
7) Install in the Presidents Cabinet a Secretary Of Industry / Manufacturing. This new post will entail a "mission"; to entice American Manufacturer Corporate Leaders to return back to the United States. His / Her "mission" will work with corporate leaders to inform them the benefits in returning American plants from overseas back to the United States. This "mission" would also entail working with political leaders in each state, working out the best possible tax breaks for these corporations that will come with bringing these jobs home. This position should not be mistaken as any job, but as a "mission" in "bringing American Manufacturing and American Industry home."
8) Put in place in each State of the Union a Commissioner of Industry / Manufacturing. This new post will entail a "mission"; to entice American Manufacturer Corporate Leaders to set up shop in their own state. His / Her "mission" will work with corporate leaders, political leaders as well as labor leaders to inform them the benefits in returning American plants from overseas back to their own state. This "mission" would also entail working out the best possible tax breaks for these corporations that will come with bringing these jobs home. This position should not be mistaken as any job, but as a "mission" in "bringing American Manufacturing and American Industry
Bring Our Jobs Home!