Help New Orleans rebuild after Hurricane Katrina, the worst natural disaster in US history.
WE WANT 1 MILLION FRIENDS OF NEW ORLEANS!!!
Friends of New Orleans is a private, nonprofit, nonpartisan, membership organization for people in the U.S. and abroad who care about this region. We want to:
1. Mobilize those who believe that that the region needs a hand-up, not a hand-out;
2. Urge all Americans to band together to ensure that this historical and strategically important part of the nation not be forgotten; and
3. Remind decision-makers about the economic and quality of life impact this region of southern Louisiana has across the nation.
By becoming a Friend of New Orleans, you will:
* Send a message to those who don’t think the U.S. federal government should fund the rebuilding effort, because they don’t understand that failing to do so hurts the entire country.
* Show the residents of southern Louisiana that you care and that they have not been forgotten.
* Learn about the big picture issues that are shaping the national debate around the rebuilding effort.
* Become aware of the challenges and opportunities that exist in the devastated areas, and how you — one person — can get involved and help.
1. A Presidential debate should take place in New Orleans in order to shine a light on the urgent issues there.
2. Local residents and nonprofits should have a major role in decision-making during the rebuild.
3. New Orleans needs the support of friends from outside the region. This is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective concern.