1. It is estimated that one million Tibetans have died as a result of the Chinese occupation, through imprisonment, torture and executions.
2. In an 18-month period between March 2011 and August 2012, 50 Tibetans in Tibet set themselves on fire in protest of the Chinese government’s oppressive regime.
3. In 2008, a United Nation report concluded that the use torture in Tibet was “widespread” and “routine”.
4. What China calls the Tibetan Autonomous Region (TAR) is only half of historical Tibet, which was about the size of western Europe.
5. Before the Chinese invasion in 1949, Tibet was a nation with its own government, currency, postal system, language and legal system.
6. The Tibetan plateau holds the world’s third largest store of fresh water in glacier form, and feeds Asia’s largest rivers. One billion people rely on this water source, which is under threat because of China’s policies of strip mining, deforestation, damming and diversion of rivers.
7. After the Chinese invasion, over 6,000 monasteries were destroyed in Tibet.
8. Tibetans are becoming a minority in TAR due to the vast influx of Han Chinese migrants, encouraged by incentives from the Chinese government.
9. Despite China's claims to have 'developed' Tibet, the illiteracy rate for TAR was a staggering 45% in 2005, compared to 10% in China as a whole in 2004.
PLEASE, HELP US TO FREE TIBET FROM CHINESE MILITARY OCCUPATION !!!