The crisis in Syria and as a consequence, the perilous daily lives of the Syrian Armenians have alarmed and deeply concerned the Armenian community.
The historical record reminds us the past and present destiny of nations; making assumptions on past history may lead us to uncertainty and anxiety; and that is why we should move with practical considerations, determination and a spirit of service.
The spiritual heads, and the leaders of the political and humanitarian organizations in the Western U.S.A., as an alert guardians of the community, came together to collectively bring together the “Syrian Armenian Relief Fund Executive ommittee” with the task of planning activities and coordinating fundraising, and distributing funds as needed to save lives, and to provide moral and emotional support for our sisters and brothers living in difficult conditions across Syria, and sustenance for their Armenian institutions.
The Syrian Armenian Relief Fund Executive Committee includes the following organizations, their representatives and the roles that they have accepted within the committee:
• Armenian Evangelical Union of North America (AEUNA), Zaven Khanjian,
• Armenian Relief Society of Western U.S.A. (ARS), Sona Madarian, Secretary;
• Armenian General Benevolent Union (AGBU), Harry Balian, Vice Chairperson;
• Western Prelacy of the Armenian Apostolic Church of America, Meher Der Ohanessian, Treasurer;
• Catholicosate of Cilicia, Central Executive Board, Khajag Dikijian;
• Western Diocese of the Armenian Church, Barkev Hamalian;
• Armenian Catholic Church, Ara Aroyan;
• Armenian Democratic Liberal (Ramgavar) Party, Khachig Janoyan;
• Armenian Revolutionary Federation-Western U.S.A. (ARF), Vartkes Nalbandian; and
• Social Democrat Hunchakian Party-Western U.S.A., Harout Fakjian.
The abovementioned Executive Committee members are committed to do their outmost to reach out to community at large, to make the impossible possible and to extend a helping hand for the sake of the survival of the Syrian-Armenians.
The Executive Committee has also received the blessings of the Armenian Apostolic Churches, His Eminence Archbishop Mousheg Mardirossian, Prelate, and Archbishop Hovnan Derderian, Primate, as well as the leaders of the Armenian Catholic and Evangelical churches, and has already taken effective first steps.
We appeal to the Armenian people, to follow our announcements in the print and TV media, the web site www.syrianarmenianrelieffund.org, and Facebook page, and to make the most generous contribution that you could possibly make.
Please send your check payable to the Syrian Armenian Relief Fund, P.O. Box 1948, Glendale,
CA 91209-1948, or make an online contribution at www.syrianarmenianrelieffund.org.
Syrian Armenian Relief Fund