To make bicycle route information available via Google Maps
There are many reasons why this feature would be a wonderful addition to Google Maps. Among them, some of the most influential would be to:
* Make bicycling safer for millions of bicyclists around the world.
* Empower world citizens to better adapt their lifestyles to face the challenges of global climate change.
* Help Google realize its core mission of 'organizing the world's information and making it universally accessible and useful.'
Please sign the petition!
Visit the website for more information:
1. The bicycle is the world's most popular vehicle (3.5 times more than automobiles), and should have bicycle-specific mapping services available.
2. Many people do not bicycle because they feel threatened by cars, and they do not know which routes to take.
3. Bicycling is a key to sustainable living - in this way we can help slow/prevent/reverse global climate change.
4. Bicycling can reconnect us with our local communities in meaningful ways - freeing us from the isolation of the automobile.
5. Bicycling, especially in and around urban areas (where most of the world's population will soon live), can be effective in fighting air pollution.