SRLP works to guarantee that all people are free to self-determine gender identity and expression, regardless of income or race, and without facing harassment, discrimination or violence.
1. To provide access to free, quality, respectful, affirming legal services for low-income transgender, intersex, and gender non-conforming people.
2. To use training, public education, policy reform, and precedent-setting lawsuits to end state sanctioned and institutional discrimination, violence, and coercion on the basis of gender identity and expression, which we understand as inextricably related to race and class.
3. To build a non-hierarchical collective organization that internally practices what we’re struggling for by developing the leadership of low-income transgender, intersex, and gender non-conforming people of color.
4. To participate in the larger movement for racial, social, and economic justice that includes gender liberation and prioritizes the issues of those most affected by the systems of oppression under which we live.
1. SRLP seeks to increase the political voice and visibility of low-income people of color who are transgender, intersex, or gender non-conforming.
2. SRLP works to improve access to respectful and affirming social, health, and legal services for our communities.
3. In order to create meaningful political participation and leadership, all people must have access to basic means of survival and safety from violence.
4. Gender self-determination is inextricably intertwined with racial, social and economic justice.