We promote walkable, mixed-use neighborhood development as an environmentally, socially and economically responsible solution to the challenges of our built environment.
Learn more about our vision by reading the Charter of the New Urbanism at www.cnu.org/charter.
1. We stand for the restoration of existing urban centers and towns within coherent metropolitan regions.
2. We stand for the reconfiguration of sprawling suburbs into communities of real neighborhoods and diverse districts.
3. We stand for the conservation of natural environments and the preservation of our built legacy.
4. We believe neighborhoods should be diverse in use and population & communities should be designed for the pedestrian and transit as well as the car.
5. We believe urban places should be framed by architecture and landscape design that celebrate local history, climate, ecology, and building practice.