Top tips to reduce plastic (and paper) bag consumption
1. Start using reusable shopping bags. Find the right styles and designs to suit your taste and lifestyle. Take a look at our store for ideas.
2. Refuse a bag. Cashiers are programmed to keep the line moving and don't always stop to think or bother to ask if you need a bag. If you don't need one, don't take a one.
3. Reuse plastic bags you have accumulated as garbage liners.
4. Start using Ultra Compact bags. We love these since people tend to forget their bags when they go shopping- Ultra Compact bags are small enough to stash in your purse, jacket, backpack, car, etc. so one is always handy.
5. Get stores to offer cash credits if you bring in your own bags.
6. Open your eyes to how many bags you consume: keep count. For instance, if you have a giant plastic bag holding plastic bags in your closet, take 5 minutes and count how many you have. (Ours had 323 and drove us to start this company!) OR, count how many plastic and paper bags you go through in a week.
7. Spread the word to wake up others. Make a statement with our Plastic Bags Blow™ bumper stickers, t-shirts, hats, etc.
8. Cut down on plastic produce bags by bringing your own reusable produce bags.