The mission of The Naming Project is to create places of safety for youth of all sexual orientations and gender identities where faith is shared and healthy life-giving community is modeled.
The Naming Project is a faith-based youth group serving youth of all sexual and gender identities. The primary focus is to provide a place for youth who are gay/lesbian/bisexual/transgender/queer/questioning to learn, grow, and share their experiences. In this way The Naming Project is a space in which youth can comfortably discuss faith and who they understand themselves to be--whether gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender...or straight.
Programs of The Naming Project Include:
* Local meetings on Sunday evenings in Minneapolis
* Outings to Worship and Fellowship Experiences
* E-mail check-ins and resources for youth and parents
* Workshops and conversations for youth in schools, communities, and churches
* Workshops for youth workers, parents, and congregations
* A five-day summer camp for youth
For more information on The Naming Project, please e-mail [email protected].
1. All youth are named and claimed by a loving God
2. Youth can discuss faith and who they understand themselves to be
3. Gay/Lesbian/Bi/Trans/Queer/Questioning youth are children of God
4. GLBT youth need to learn, grow, and share their experiences in community
5. GLBT youth need to advocate for systemic change in church and society