When youth in foster care are in crisis, Lawyers For Children is at their side to provide protection, support and hope.
In addition to free legal and social work services for youth in foster care, Lawyers For Children provides targeted public policy and class action advocacy to achieve system-wide changes in the field of child welfare. We also offer specialized services for the following groups of high-risk youth in foster care:
• Youth exposed to domestic violence
• Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning youth
• Young people with special educational needs
• Youth aging out of foster care
• Youth coping with mental illness
• Sexually abused young people
• Youth in foster care who have immigrated to the United States
1. We listen carefully to our clients and provide services tailored to meet their needs, protect their rights and achieve their goals.
2. Our special projects focus on advocacy for the most vulnerable youth in foster care, including LGBTQ youth and youth aging out of care.
3. LFC’s clients are provided with the information and options that enable them to make the most important decisions in their lives.
4. Our individual representation of youth in foster care allows us to identify systemic problems and attack them through the courts and the legislature.