Get the most effective policies in place to stop global warming
We're at the point now where we can't just say, "Stop global warming! Stop it, already!!"
There are a lot of ideas about how to do it, and not all of them will work, or work well enough.
This cause is about listening to scientists about what we need to do. It's also about figuring out how to get businesses, farmers, the government, car makers, and everyone else doing the right things.
1. We have to cut global warming pollution by 2% a year to prevent the worst consequences (that's the same as 80% by 2050).
2. We need the government to make that limit firm -- voluntary cuts aren't going to get us there.
3. This country is full of smart people who can make these cuts -- let's give them incentive to do it.
4. This doesn't have to hurt economic growth. In fact, there's huge opportunity in all the new technology.
5. A cap-and-trade system is the way to go -- it combines limits with incentives.