Fundraising campaign with World Vision nonprofit organization to reverse the Chicago Cubs curse through the donation of Goats to deserving families around the world.
It all started last season at the Cubs home opener. A dream to one day create a social media campaign to break the Curse of the Billy Goat once and for all!
Later that evening at the Cubby Bear, our plan to inspire a THUNDERING HERD of Cubs fans dawned on us as we read this quote by Sam Sianis:
"The Curse of the Billy Goat can be dispelled only by the Chicago Cubs organization showing a sincere fondness for Goats."
Here's how you can help us do it:
1. Join in the discussion on Causes, or on our Facebook Fan Page 'Reverse The Curse. Donate a Goat.'
2. Donate money through www.reversethecursechicago.com that World Vision will use to deliver Goats abroad. Each of these amazing animals cost $75, but every penny counts! All donations above $10 are tax-deductible in the United States.
3. The World Vision nonprofit organization will deliver Goats to children and families in developing countries as part of their 'Adopt a Village' program.
- The gift of a dairy goat can supply a family with up to several quarts of nutritious milk a day .
- Extra milk can either be sold or used to make cheese, butter or yogurt.
- Goats often have two or three kids a year, which can be sold for school supplies and other needs.
4. Tell all your friends and fellow Cubs Fans!!!
By creating a THUNDERING HERD of Goats that can provide nutrition and income to children around the world, we can show 'Sincere Fondness' for Goats.
Together Chicago, we can Reverse the Curse!
Got some questions? Check out answers to our FAQ below!
A. I’m only one fan. How can I help?
Just like when we’re in the bottom of the ninth and can’t seem to get that last out, every little bit counts. Whether you can give one dollar or one hundred, as long as we’re showing respect for goats, and helping someone in need (and we don’t mean Soriano with a full count), we’re all good.
B. How can one goat help a family?
Some things, like how a single goat can curse a baseball team for decades, are a mystery. But this one’s easy. The goat provides milk and cheese so the family can eat; its young can be sold to pay for other necessities, like clothing, shoes, school supplies and more.
C. Do you honestly think this is going to reverse the curse?
Leaving a butchered goat at Wrigley certainly didn’t help us, did it? The fact is, we’ve got to show that we have respect for this noble animal, and send as many of them as possible, as far AWAY as possible, to do as much good as possible. Then, maybe, just maybe, it’ll be our year.
1. Official Website: http://bit.ly/reversethecursechicago
2. World Vision Press Release: http://bit.ly/WorldVisionPressRelease
3. 60 Minutes Special Report: http://bit.ly/CBSNewsPerfectGift
4. WGN TV Interview: http://bit.ly/reversethecursedonateagoat
5. TMZ.com Article: http://bit.ly/TMZArticle