This is the local chapter of Organic Consumers Association's campaign for mandatory labels on genetically modified foods in Virginia's 10th Congressional District.
We are raising awareness on the GMO issues. We would like to see the GRAS (generally regarded as safe) rating by the FDA removed on all GMO products, since many if these items were fast tracked and not properly studied by 3rd party scientists.
1. Grocery stores should label foods that contains genetically modified ingredients.
2. 93% of US consumers agree that GMO food ingredients should be labeled.
3. Farms growing GMO crops be required to contain the cross pollination of their crop.
4. Animal products that come from factory farms (CAFOs, confined animal feeding operations) should also be labeled.
5. Support the local farmer in your area.