Educational campaign to raise awareness of the hurtful and dehumanizing consequences of the use of the word "retard(ed)" and to encourage society to end its use of the word.
There are a lot of things that you can do to promote human dignity and respect; one of them is refusing to participate in speech that degrades those with intellectual disabilities, one of the most loving yet marginalized segment of our population.
1. All members of the human race are entitled to dignity and respect
2. The word Retard(ed), even (especially) when used casually, strips those with developmental disabilities of their dignity
3. They are friends, siblings, athletes, sons, daughters, sisters, brothers, mentors, workers, classmates, comedians, and friends
4. There are many respectful ways to refer to people with intellectual disabilities, the word "retard" is not one of them.
5. Once people are shown the hurtful and dehumanizing consequences of the words "retard(ed)", they will choose to stop their use of the word.