Sign up, voice your opinion and object to the proposed Devon County Council 100% cuts to adva (against domestic violence and abuse in devon) and save Devon's essential range of domestic abuse services
Devon County Council have proposed to cut 100% of their funding to adva (against domestic violence & abuse in Devon) adva fund vital services such as Stop Abuse For Everyone, North Devon Women's Aid, Domestic Violence and Abuse Services (South and West Devon) as well as the REPAIR programme for perpetrators.
Please keep checking this page for more information about what these cuts will mean, and ways in which you can help support this campaign against the cuts.
1. ANYONE can experience domestic violence and abuse regardless of ethnicity, religion, class, gender, age, sexuality, disability or lifestyle.
2. In the last year alone there were 1 million female victims of domestic abuse (home office stats).
3. More than 1 in 4 women will experience domestic abuse in their lifetime (home office stats).
4. At least 750 000 children a year witness domestic violence (dept of health).
5. 15% of victims of domestic violence are men (British Crime Survey).