UCS is a nonprofit partnership of scientists and citizens combining rigorous scientific analysis, innovative policy development, and effective citizen advocacy to achieve environmental solutions
Established in 1969, The Union of Concerned Scientists is the leading science-based nonprofit working for a healthy environment and a safer world. UCS combines independent scientific research and citizen action to develop innovative, practical solutions and to secure responsible changes in government policy, corporate practices, and consumer choices.
1. ensure that all people have clean air, energy, and transportation
2. ensure that all people have food that is produced in a safe and sustainable manner
3. for a future that is free from the threats of global warming and nuclear war
4. a planet that supports a rich diversity of life
5. to secure changes in government policy, corporate practices, and consumer choices that will protect and improve the health of our environment globally, nationally, and in local communities
6. UCS seeks a great change in humanity's stewardship of the earth
Union of Concerned Scientists, Inc.
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 04-2535767)