BC/EFA is the on-going, committed response from the American Theatre community to an urgent worldwide health crisis.
BROADWAY CARES/EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS is the nation's leading industry based HIV/AIDS fundraising and grant-making organization.
Here is the BC/EFA Mission Statement:
- to mobilize the unique abilities within the entertainment
industry to mitigate the suffering of individuals affected by HIV/AIDS
- to ensure direct support specifically through the social services and programs of the Actors’ Fund to all individuals in the entertainment industry affected by critical health issues, including but not limited to HIV/AIDS
- to support organizations across the country which provide treatment or services for people specifically affected by HIV/AIDS and their families.
- to increase national and international public awareness and understanding of HIV/AIDS through the creation and dissemination of educational materials and the provision of support thereof,
- to promote and encourage public support for programs and services which benefit people living with HIV/AIDS
- to facilitate the fundraising capabilities specifically of the theatre community, in order to address and support an urgent crisis or need in the name of the theatre community, as directed by the board of trustees.
I just want to thank everyone who has joined. I also want to implore everybody to keep on giving! I know that not many of us have access to vast sums of money or credit cards, but just a few dollars from each of you would raise thousands.
BC/EFA is one of the most valiant and active charities that I have ever seen. From holding events such as Broadway Bares and the fundraising efforts of each show on Broadway, to the efforts of Thespian Troupes and other philanthropic groups, they make such a strong effort to help those whose lives have been severely affected by HIV/AIDS.
To buy BC/EFA merchandise, you can go to the following link:
1. Raise awareness for the importance of the fight against AIDS.
2. To raise funds to help those in our community who need assistance in times of major medical or financial crisis.
BROADWAY CARES-EQUITY FIGHTS AIDS INC
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 13-3458820)