To promote and defend science, reason, and free inquiry in all aspects of human interest.
The Center for Inquiry is a daring new concept. Although modern world civilization is based upon the achievements of science and technology, until this time there has been no authoritative and credible voice defending the scientific outlook in examining religion, human values, and the borderlands of science. If the naturalistic outlook is to supplant the ancient mythological narratives of the past, it needs a new institution devoted to its articulation and dramatization to the public. The Center for Inquiry is that institution.
The Center for Inquiry engages in a robust program of campus and community outreach in order to enlarge the "reality based community." To further this agenda, CFI provides programming, fundraising, financial, promotional, and other kinds of professional support to a growing network of rationalist, skeptic, and humanist groups in cities around the globe, both on and off college campuses.
Publications and Libraries: http://www.centerforinquiry.net/about/publications_and_libraries/
1. contribute to the public understanding and appreciation of science and reason, and their applications to human conduct.
2. encourages evidence-based inquiry into science, pseudoscience, medicine and health, religion, ethics, secularism, and society.
3. developing communities where like-minded individuals can meet and share experiences.
4. encourage freedom from superstition, irrationalism, and dogma.
5. challenge misrepresentations of non-religious convictions and lifestyles.
6. cultivate in ourselves — and others — a sense of responsibility to, and compassion for, humanity.
7. defend religious freedom and the separation of church and state
8. advancing the public understanding and appreciation of science
9. exposing pseudoscience
10. fighting racism, sexism, ethnocentrism, and heterosexism
11. stimulating meaningful dialogue among religious and nonreligious students
12. "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead
CENTER FOR INQUIRY INC
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 16-1553469)