The objective of Tree-Nation is to combat desertification, deforestation and climate change by planting trees
Tree-Nation is a fast-growing and dynamic social network with the objective of planting trees. More than 70,000 people and 120 European and international companies have already joined the community for a greener and more sustainable planet.
Since 2006, Tree-Nation is working in partnership with the United Nations Environment Programme and its Plant for the Planet campaign. Other sponsors include the INRAN (Institut National de Recherche Agronomique du Niger) and the Ministry of the environment of Niger.
The objective of Tree-Nation is to combat desertification, deforestation and climate change by planting trees. In addition to the obvious benefits of reforestation (carbon sinks, water resource and biodiversity restoration...) trees generate a virtuous cycle both ecologically and economically.
Tree-Nation also fights poverty. Tree plantations develop the local economy by generating jobs and by promoting sustainable agricultural practices. Depending on the species, trees provide food, fodder and medicines which represent supplementary income for villages and communities.
With its first plantation in Niger, Tree-Nation initiated an ambitious project: plant 8 million trees in the shape of a giant heart, a symbol of respect and love for the Earth. The ultimate goal should be achieved by 2015. Other projects are in progress, including in countries such Nicaragua and Madagascar.
Tree-Nation offers multiple opportunities to become involved in the project: by inviting your friends, giving water to someone’s trees... The more people get to know our project; the more trees will be planted. You can start now by signing up.
With Tree-Nation, planting a tree has a real impact and it’s simple, fun and meaningful. Let’s plant for the planet!
- Join our official Facebook page! http://facebook.com/treenation
- Prefer some Twitter? http://twitter.com/treenation
- Don´t miss the Tree-Nation Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/treenationchannel
- Get our best plantation galleries: http://www.flickr.com/tree-nation
1. Through the Trees Plantations we can fight Climate Change, reduce poverty and avoid dessertification
2. Planting trees also help us to produce Fruits, Medicine & Food so local plantation communities are benefited
3. Solutions to worldwide issues come from our individual action and resolution to make a positive impact