TODAY, November 17th, is National (Call-In) Day of Action to help pass H.R. 5575, the "Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking Deterrence and Victims Support Act of 2010," to support young sex trafficking survivors, as well as combat and address the sex trafficking of children across America.
Taking action and being a part of our National (Call-In) Day of Action on 11/17/10 is as easy as 1, 2, 3:
1. Find your representative in the U.S. House of Representatives on the top right of this Web page.
2. Call the House operator at (202) 224-3121, and ask to be connected with your representative's office. Once connected, say:
"Hi, my name is ________, and I am a constituent living in [town/city]. I'm calling to urge Congress(woman/man) ______ to co-sponsor and support H.R.5575, a bi-partisan bill that seeks to combat and address the sex trafficking of children in America. I am very concerned about this issue because children are being trafficked across the U.S. by the thousands each day, and there are only a handful of beds and shelters in the country to serve their many needs as survivors of such a heinous crime. It's time for Congress to act. Will the Congress(woman/man) co-sponsor and support this important legislation?"
3. Be Counted! Sign our tracking petition so we can track our impact!
Taking action on November 17 will take less than 5 minutes but our collective action can give thousands of young sex trafficking victims across the U.S. the care and support they need and deserve.
The National Day of Action is being Sponsored by the National Coalition to End Domestic Minor Sex Trafficking (partial list): A Future. Not A Past., ECPAT-USA, Polaris Project, Rebecca Project, Shared Hope International and Women's Funding Network
· Follow us on social networks to receive timely updates on our progress:
· Spread the word! Please share this news with your friends, suggest they also follow us on our social networks, and ask them to sign up for our email news list.
For more details of our news and coverage of The Rebecca Project in the news, please visit our updated News & Events section.
Thank you for subscribing to our email news, and please watch for more updates coming soon.
The Rebecca Project for Human Rights