We want to have the NY State Assembly's Education Committee to pass the "Jessica Tush Act"- An educational bill to educate kids on Dating Violence, Respect & Self Esteem
The following is the "Jessica Tush Act". BILL # A04596 / S708- Right now this bill is in the Assembly and we are desperately waiting for the Education Committee to vote on this Bill. The unfortunate thing is that the education committee does not like to pass any educational bills. So, WE AS PARENTS, STUDENTS AND CONCERNED CITIZENS, who live with domestic violence, or see it in our schools, streets and homes must work together to make sure that our voices, are heard by the Assembly. We together, the voters, are powerful as a whole. Let our voices be heard and lets put the pressure that is needed, by writing each of the committee members to tell them that we need this bill passed and we need these programs taught in our schools.
Make your voice be heard- MAKE IT PERSONAL- BECAUSE EVERYTNING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR CHILD IS PERSONAL !!! PLEASE SEND YOUR LETTERS TO ALL THE COMMITTEE MEMBERS. FOLLOW UP WITH PHONE CALLS
Thank you all,
The family of Jessica Tush
FOR THE FULL LIST OF EDUCATIONAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS AND THE EDUCATIONAL BILL PLEASE VISIT THE "JESSICA TUSH ACT"- FACEBOOK PAGE
1. Jessica Tush ACT FACEBOOK FOR MORE INFO ON HOW TO HELP
2. WE NEED LETTERS WRITTEN TO EDUCATIONAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS TO PASS THIS BILL
3. Make the letters personal
4. Send to all committee members- especailly Cathy Nolan- Committee Chair
5. Remember- 1 IN 3 GIRLS have experienced a violent relationship- One of them maybe your daughter.