To promote social change through the art of movement.
Dance 4 Peace is an innovative, global nonprofit that uses movement to inspire young people to be leaders and peacemakers in their communities. The curriculum is a movement-based peace education program that promotes tolerance, understanding, mediation skills, anger management, and emotional and civic engagement. Through exercises and activities utilizing movement, music, emotions, experiences, and thoughts, students are able to learn emotional and social competencies for peace. The program originally began in Bogotá, Colombia and now runs violence prevention programs in Washington, DC; New York City; Colombia and Nepal. Dance 4 Peace connects communities across the globe in order to share best practices and intercultural stories of peacebuilding through dance.
1. Teach social and emotional skills to young people.
2. Promote interpersonal relations and peacebuilding among youth.
3. Build a global network for sharing among peace educators, movers and program participants.
4. Inspire young people to be collaborative, empathetic leaders in a creative, dynamic way.
5. Create communities of peace and safe, innovative schools. i
Move This World Inc
a 501(c)(3) nonprofit (EIN: 27-3175002)